The average water heater lasts about 12 years, and after that much use, it breaks down. Before you experience complete water heater failure, call us and ask about our hot water heater replacement service and find out how you can get a new, high efficiency water heater with no interruption to your service.
Are your pipes old and leaking? Check out our home repiping service and find out how replacement can benefit you.
When to Shop for a Hot Water Heater Replacement
Most people don’t give a second thought to their water heaters until there’s a problem. And when you wait that long, it’s usually too late and failure happens. Fortunately, water heaters give off signals telling you they’re not healthy before they fail, and getting to know these signs will help you decide when it’s time to shop for a new one before yours breaks down. Here’s what to watch out for:
- Leaks around the base of the tank.
- Water isn’t as hot as it used to be.
- Water appears rusty or cloudy.
- Water takes too long to get hot.
- Tank makes popping or gurgling sounds.
How to Maintain your Hot Water Heater
Since no one wants to deal with the expense and inconvenience of replacing a hot water heater, it’s best to maintain the one you do have to ensure it gives you the longest range of service possible. Here are some tips to keep your water heater in tip-top shape!
- Test your temperature pressure relief valve to make sure it’s functioning correctly.
- Check the anode rod for corrosion and replace if needed.
- Adjust the temperature lower to increase efficiency and extend the life.
- Call a professional for regular hot water heater maintenance and repair service.
Are you not happy with the quality of your home’s water? A water softener may be just what you need for healthier, better tasting water.
Water Heater Services
Your water heater is an integral appliance that everyone depends on, and it’s important it continue to operate efficiently and effectively for many years. Some of the most common water heater problems you may deal with are:
- Thermostat malfunction
- Wiring corrosion
- Electrical failure
- Rusting tank
Call us and see if all you need is general hot water heater maintenance, or if a replacement is the best move.