Burst Pipe Repair in Ocala
Dealing with a burst pipe? Don't wait– call Ocala's burst pipe repair experts!
Burst pipes in the home are every homeowner’s worst nightmare. In most cases, these issues are completely unexpected and often cause a lot of costly damage.
As soon as you notice the issue, give us a call and we will promptly arrive with a quick solution that will reduce damage and get your home back to normal as soon as possible. You can trust us to take care of things with a fast and effective repair.
What Causes Burst Pipes?
In colder climates, burst pipes are often the result of freezing water in the pipes. However, in Florida, we don’t experience such cold temperatures and our burst pipes come from different issues. Here are two of the most common issues that result in burst pipe repair:
- Clogged Drains: Letting a drain get clogged and failing to repair it will cause pressure to build behind the clog. Eventually, the pipe won’t be able to handle the pressure and it will rupture.
- Corroded Pipes: Using chemical drain cleaners on your pipes leads to corrosion inside the pipe. The chemicals used in these DIY drain cleaners are so harsh, they create weak spots in the pipe that are prone to rupture. This is why we always discourage homeowners from using chemical drain cleaners.
We provide different options for your plumbing needs so you can make an informed decision that's right for your home.
Our team has the knowledge and skill set to fix any plumbing issue that you're dealing with!
We pride ourselves on family values and quality work within our local communities.
How to Prevent Burst Pipes
Some plumbing leak repair issues are unavoidable, however, there are a few things you can do to reduce the likelihood of needing emergency water leak repair service. Some steps you can take include:
- Invest in annual drain cleaning services to keep the drains running smoothly.
- Make sure clogged drains are repaired in a timely fashion.
- Do not use chemical drain cleaners.
- If you notice small water leaks or a potential slab leak get them repaired right away before they become a bigger problem.
Service Plumbing Inc should change its name to Outstanding Service Plumbing! Holly went above and beyond to arrange for a plumber to expediently come to my home.- Shelia O.
It is very important to know you can let people in your house and trust them to do a good job and be professional. I would recommend Service Plumbing without a doubt.- Brady A.
Service Plumbing set aside some time for us to come out and check out our leak so we didn’t go without water. The technicians that came out went over and above what I asked them to fix.- Biff D.
Very prompt, professional, and friendly service.- Carlita
They were true craftsmen in completing their tasks. The job was well done and they were spotless in their cleanup.- Rick S.
Russell and Travis did an excellent job of changing the plumbing for our new dishwasher, and installing a new garbage disposal, sink, and faucet.- Jean M.
Couldn't be more pleased, from initial call with Leslie to completion.- Sunny M.
They made certain that we were satisfied, which we were! The service was excellent!- Tammy K.
Can I repipe my home myself?While it is possible to repipe a home yourself, it is not recommended, as it can be a difficult and dangerous process. Repiping a home requires working with water and pipes, which can easily lead to accidents if not done correctly. It is best to leave this job to the professionals.
What should I do if my water pressure is low?If your water pressure is low, you may need to call a plumber to have your water pressure checked. Low water pressure can be caused by a variety of factors, such as a clogged water filter or a leaky faucet. It's important to address low water pressure as soon as possible, as it can lead to water waste and increased energy costs.
How often should I clean my drains?It is recommended that you clean your drains every six months. However, if water is backing up into the tub, sink, or toilet in your home when you flush it, then you need to call a plumber right away to clean the drain. If water backs up into your sink then it's probably coming from your shower and vice versa. Cleaning out the lines will prevent water from backing up into your home.
What is the best way to clear a clogged grease drain?
There are a few effective ways to clear a grease-clogged drain.
- Use boiling water and dish soap to break up grease buildup.
- Pour water mixed with baking soda into the drain, then pour vinegar on top of it to get a chemical reaction that breaks down grease.
- Drain cleaners can also remove water buildup and hard water scale.
- Plumbers recommend using a water-powered mechanical drain cleaner to clear clogs altogether. These machines are easy to use and clear away any type of clog quickly.
For a badly clogged drain, you may need to hire a professional plumber that can clear out the drain with special equipment.
What are the different water heater sizes?
Water heaters come in a variety of sizes, and the size you need depends on how much water your household uses. Here are some general water heater size guidelines:
- If you use less than 40 gallons of water per day, a 40- or 50-gallon water heater will be large enough.
- If you use between 40 and 80 gallons of water per day, a water heater with a capacity of 60 or 80 gallons will probably be required.
- If you use over 80 gallons of water per day, an 85-gallon water heater should provide an adequate supply.
Note that these are general guidelines only; how much water your household actually uses may vary. To be sure you have the right water heater size, consult with a plumbing professional.